First Time Registrants
Before you are able to register and enroll for classes, you must address immunization and health insurance policy matters.
First Time Registrants -
NOTE: The first class is an online Program Orientation. All students are expected to review the Program Orientation content. During this session, we will address program, administrative and technical details. All students are responsible for the information contained with the orientation modules. If you do not review the content, you are likely to miss important policy and administrative details. Failure to comply with policies is the sole responsibility of the student.
Immunization and Health Insurance (required)
UGA MyID (required)
eLC Technical Specifications (required)
ARCHE Cross Registration Program (for USG students)
SREB Electronic Campus (for students from the 16 member states & MS applicants only)
Although our classes are primarily web-based, UGA policy requires that all students, regardless of location, submit proof of immunization to the UGA Health Center before you will be allowed to register. The information on immunization is found in the packet sent to you by the Admissions Office. Information on this process can be found at www.uhs.uga.edu/appts_forms/immunizations.html.
Health Insurance is recommended for all students. If you are not currently covered by a health insurance plan, please refer to the University's Health Center for information on obtaining coverage, www.uhs.uga.edu.
To register for a course(s), you will need to complete the following:
Create a UGA MyID is a one-time detail. This ID can be used throughout your time as a UGA student.
You will be notified by email by the Regulatory Affairs Office once you are "cleared" to register. After receiving this clearance, you will need to create a UGA MyID. A UGA MyID is critically important as this ID is what you will use to access the eLC courses. It is based on your social security number. If you experience any difficulty with the creation of your UGA MyID, please do not send social security numbers through email. Please contact the Regulatory Affairs Office by phone at 678-985-6809.
To create a UGA MyID, please go to: myid.uga.edu, select Students, and fill out the online form. It should be a quick process, but it has to be done BEFORE you register and in order for you to participate in the program. With a UGA MyID, you will create a university email address (email@example.com). If you chose to use that email address as your primary email account for this program, please alert the Regulatory Affairs Office so our records can be updated for future correspondence.
You may also get a UGA photo ID Card that corresponds to your UGA MyID. Photo IDs require that you come on to the UGA Gwinnett Campus and have your picture taken. The photo id cost is minimal - please check with Student Affairs.
Registration in ATHENA
The ATHENA system is the UGA online course registration system. The URL is: athena.uga.edu. Go to this site and follow the step-by-step process. Should you encounter registration problems for UGA at Gwinnett students, please contact Audrey Shinner, Assistant Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information you will need to complete the ATHENA Registration:
- Each semester, you will receive an email from the Regulatory Affairs Office with the course offerings and the course call numbers. The course call number is specific to an academic semester. For example, the current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) class course offering ID is PHAR 6030, the call number for the Summer Semester 2017 offering is CRN# 60-063.
- All Regulatory Affairs courses are considered a UGA Gwinnett class and are considered distance learning courses.
- Student Activity Fees are automatically calculated when you register for courses through the ATHENA system.
- The Technology Fee is automatically calculated when you register for courses through the ATHENA system.
- Paying for classes: You can pay your fees on-line if you choose, but you also have the option of printing your class schedule and submitting your fee payment by check to the Bursar's office. For additional information, please refer to UGA Graduate School website: grad.uga.edu/index.php/current-students/financial-information/.
The computer that you use to access the Regulatory Affairs web-based courses and to submit course assignments must meet the following specifications. Be sure you are in compliance with these technical specifications.
Technical Specifications for your computer:
The computer(s) that you are using should have the following configuration:
- Computer microphone (either external or built-in)
- Web Browsers: Microsoft IE, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome
- Word Processing: MS Word from Office (We are unable to accept MS Works documents unless they are converted to .doc or .docx)
- Presentation Software: MS PowerPoint
- Spreadsheet Software: MS Excel
- PDF Viewer: Adobe Acrobat Reader (free) - www.adobe.com
- Adobe Flash for viewing lectures - (free) - www.adobe.com
- Java script (free) - www.java.com
- Internet Access: High speed Internet access only.
We recommend also that you go the "tune up" page of eLC to ensure that your browser is compatible, elc.uga.edu. These instructions will assure that you are using a supported browser and that your browser settings will work within the eLC environment.
ARCHE Cross Registration Program
The ARCHE Cross Registration Program is available to qualified University System of Georgia graduate students. Click here for additional information on the ARCHE program.